Allgood Solitaire 4.1.1
A universal binary, running natively
on Intel and PPC
Solitaire has got to be one of the most popular computer games of all time. There are so many different variations of the game, there is always something for everyone. Allgood Solitaire offers 74 different variations, from the familiar Klondike, to more obscure games like Will O the Wisp. You'll be able to learn new games quickly by displaying the characteristics of each pile, the pile type and what card(s) are necessary to build on it.
At any time, you can examine the contents of any pile (and watch it change as you play), or turn over any hidden aces. For games like Klondike, where traditionally spaces in the Tableau may only be filled with kings, you have the option to turn off that restriction, and allow any legal sequence of cards to fill a space. The full automatic play of cards to foundations will make it a lot faster for you to clear the tableau, and will also pick up moves that you might have missed. Of course, what Solitaire game is complete without an 'undo' feature. In Allgood Solitaire, you can keep 'undo'ing back to the game's start. Also, you can configure the feel of the game, by changing the deck style to play with, or by replacing the background with an image of your own. Still not sure? Check out some screenshots, of Allgood Solitaire in action.
Allgood Solitaire is Shareware, download it and try it out for a while. If you decide to keep it, please register your copy by paying the $15 shareware fee. Your registration helps encourage the development and improvement of the software.
As always, this is a free upgrade for registered Solitaire users.
Note: If you are not running OS X, the "classic" version of Allgood Solitaire v2.4 is still available – see below.
Some of the features available in Allgood Solitaire:
- 74 different games
- Unlimited Undo (and Redo)
- Full Auto Play, automatically move cards to foundations when available
- Quickly find all cards of a certain value, or suit.
- Different deck styles (create your own!)
- Preview available moves (using 'N' key execute with 'G' key)
- Game Timer
- Instruction summaries
- Save / Restore games
- Toggle "Kings Only" rule for games like Klondike, Free Cell, etc...
- "Sticky Mouse" - great for laptop users
- Replay Game - see if you can do better this time!
- Show Pile types
- Show next card(s) necessary to build
- Replace the default desktop with an image of your choice
- Open a "live" view of a pile's contents, showing all cards, hidden or not
- Show the location of any hidden Aces
Here's the complete list of games supported (RULES can be found here):
Choose the appropriate version for your OS:
- 3 Shuffles and a Draw
- Agnes Bemauer
- Agnes Sorel
- Agnes Sorel
- American Toad
- Auld Lang Syne
- Baker's Dozen
- Baker's Game
- Beleagured Castle
- Block Ten
- Busy Aces(Courtyard)
- Calculation(Broken Intervals)
- Canfield on 1's
- Corners(Four Seasons)
- Double Canfield
- Double Klondike
- Double Jump
- East Haven
- Eight Off
- Five Piles (Baroness, Thirteen)
- Forty Thieves (Big Forty, Le Cadran)
- Fourteen Out
- Free Cell
- Grandfather's Clock
- Idiot's Delight (Aces Up, Firing Squad, Aces High, Four Aces, Drivel)
- King Albert
- Klondike(Chinaman, Fascination, Triangle)
- Klondike on 1's
- "Classic" Klondike (a stricter version)
- La Bella Lucie
- Maria Luisa
- Mt. Olympus
- Monte Carlo
- Osmosis(Treasure Trove)
- Russian Solitaire
- Scotch Patience
- Seahaven Towers
- Simple Pairs
- Simple Simon
- Sir Tommy
- Spanish Patience
- Spider (with 1
and 2 suit versions)
- Streets and Alleys
- Thumb and Pouch
- Trefoil + Draw
- Will O the Wisp
Download more software from the full Software Downloads page.
" ... it's really cool."
"... cool game with colorful graphics."
Rated 5 cows (out of 5) by Tucows
"Slacking off is now easier and more enjoyable than ever with the 30 different solitaire-type games offered with Poor Man's [Allgood] Solitaire"
Rated 5 out of 5 by IT
"Poor Man's [Allgood] Solitaire is fun, ... you'll spend many hours (as I did) in front of your screen trying to win."
Rated GOOD by About This Particular Macintosh